Parker

A blog for our amateur sitcom Parker

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Legion of Hats: Ideas

When I first floated the Legion of Hats idea, as a photo-comic, Jim requested that they don't fight crime.

I took this on board[1], even though my inital concept was a bunch of hat-wearing crimefighters. One of my ideas, and the one with the most legs, is for them to be researchers - investigators of new hat technologies and archeologists of mysterious and ancient hats. This gave me the following plots, off the top of my head[2]:

- An ancient cowboy hat reveals a secret map (Note that my subconcious stole this from City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold).

- Stan is bitten by a vampire hat (a were-hat would make more sense, but loses the pun).

- A fabulous techno-hat takes over someone's mind.

- The Queen's hat is stolen.

- The team discover the One Hat, the most powerful and desirable object on Middle Earth.

The Vampire Hat idea looks good to me as a pilot, but I will be entertaining other ideas for a little while yet, so feel free to contact me.


[1] The second page was going to be Jim suggesting they fight crime, but the legion themselves coming up with reasons why not, such as they already pay taxes for the police to do that job, that it might damage their hats, and that, as all laws are tyrannical curtailments of natural freedom, the legion would become oppressors - the very thing they were formed to defeat.
[2] Pun intended.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home